Saturday 13 October 2012

Why did I never think of that?

Whilst I was making a swap block for my October partner Tanya I became smitten with the colours Tanya had requested, violets and greens. The block requested was the log cabin which I had not made in years and as it grew so did my liking for it. When finished my girls thought it was beautiful and asked why I had not made a quilt in these colours, as purples and greens are my favourite colours. I was that smitten I had already made a matching one for myself. So I now have a another WIP, to make my first ever sampler quilt with these colours. I am going to use favourite blocks from Elm Creek Quilters books and elsewhere. 
Thanks Tanya for the inspiration!

Here is Tanya's block to me.... just beautiful and I have already decided it is going to be the matching cushion to my quilt.

Here is the block I made for Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment