Thursday 4 October 2012

New Quilt underway

A couple of months ago DDs and I went to visit a friend who lives at Poowong, in Gippsland. Now my girls will tell you that there is never a road trip that does not involve a quilt or craft shop stop. So of course I found one Craft Quarters in KooWeeRup, what a gem beautiful fabrics lovely helpers they even carry glad press and seal. Yes I bought some because I heard it was hard to get, now i just have to figure out how to use it. Anyway whilst we were there DD13 fell in love with a quilt that was displayed in store by Liz Stanway called Grandpa's Little Treasures. So we bought the pattern but then DD announced that she wanted exactly the same fabrics, much searching on net to no avail. So I phoned Liz who was very helpful with the range name but not hopeful we would still be able to get, but at least I now had a name. the search continued for sometime, eventually the Tinkers cart were able to help us. Where was i going with this?....... Oh yes I have now got all of the applique and stitchery assembled ready to be worked here are a couple.

I have also been working on some of my swap blocks today, but will have to keep them under wraps until swap partners receive them. Don't want to spoil the surprise.




No comments:

Post a Comment